UniServe is a client/server network programming framework for REBOL. It has been designed and built in order to
offer a high performance network engine while providing a simple and consistent API for developers. If you want
to implement a client or server or both (in the same application) in REBOL, UniServe will be a perfect fit and
will save you days of hard work on low-level I/O routines.
Additionnaly, UniServe is published with several useful services (HTTPd, Proxy, Task-Master,...) and client protocols (HTTP, POP3, DNS, ...) to help you build your product even faster.
- Mono-thread : Allows to process dozens of client and server ports using a port multiplexing engine.
- Asynchronous : Communications are done 100% in async mode, ensuring maximum performance.
- Automatic handling of incoming data : network protocol are easier to write.
- Event-oriented API : Very fast and easy programming.
- Multi-Servers : Create easily client *and* servers that will all run simultaneously.
- Extensible : Add features to UniServe using services (ex: multitasking)
- View Compatible : Mix View UI with network programming simply and efficiently.
- Dynamic Management : Load, run, stop services at runtime.
- Remote Management : Maintenance protocol included (with a GUI client).
- Plugin Architecture : Everything is plugin !
- Compact : 20Kb (for the engine code source), protocols and services are < 10Kb each !
- Open-source : BSD license.
Download & InstallDownload the latest version (from the top box).
Unzip you UniServe archive where you want in your system. The installation is finished !
Installing a new software shoudn't be more difficult than that, don't you think so ? ;-)
DocumentationCurrently available documentation :
- UniServe's API: Developer's Guide [ English ] [ Franšais ]
- Task-Master Service / Modules API [ English ] [ Franšais ]
- Admin Service
- HTTPd Service
- Proxy HTTP Service
- HTTP Protocol
- POP3 Protocol
- Admin Protocol
- v.0.9.9 - 11/10/2004
- First public release.